1. What is the Android TV™? What is the different between Android TV™ and AOSP?
Android TV is a version of the Android operating system designed for digital media players. It features a user interface designed around content discovery and voice search, surfacing content aggregated from various media apps and services, and integration with other recent Google technologies such as Assistant, Cast, and Knowledge Graph.①
No requirement to meet Google’s licensing requirements;
Customize launcher/UI freely;
No GTVS services;
No Chromecast and Google Assistant;
Chromecast built in;
Google Assistant built in;
Support GTVS services;
PlayReady DRM support;
Widevine DRM support;
Google certification required;
Customize boot image/launcher/UI need follow the requirements
2. Can the operator customize the boot image/UI/launcher?
Yes, we can customize the boot image / UI / launcher, but we should follow the requirements of Google.
3. Can pre-install customer's APK?
Yes, OEMs can customize the pre-loaded apps, games, and recommendations. All lists should comply with the GTVS app placement requirements.
4. How long does it take for the software to pass the certification?
About 1-2 months.
5. After submit the artworks(user manual/packaging), how many days can we know whether can get Google approval?
About 3-10 business day. If it need to revised, it will takes long.
6. When do you need make new Google certification, HW change / SW change ?
Both HW and SW change need make new Google certification.
7. How to pair the Bluetooth remote control?
Long press Back+OK button at the same time,until the red light flashes quickly, then release,that means RCU enter the pairing mode.Waiting for few seconds and stop pressing any buttons, until it pop up the message of pairing successfully.
8. How to cast your device to the TV?
Step 1: Connect your phone, table or compute to the same Wi-Fi as your Android TV™ device.
Step 2: Open an app that supports casting, such as YouTube.
Step 3: Select a video you want to play and touch or click the Cast icon.
Step 4: Choose your Android TV™ device, press play, then control playback on your phone, table or compute.
9. How to solve the bug if it happens?
Usually the bug can be fixed by update the software.
10. How to update the software?
We can update the software by GOTA.
Go to Settings---> About ---> System Update, click it to check that if there is a new version or not.
A “Download” key appears when it checked a new version.
Just click the “Download” key , it will download and update automatically.
11. What are our security initiatives?
It built in PlayReady and Widevine DRM to protect the content.
Android TV- Wikipedia